2/18/2004

Clark & Kerry

Clark gets a lot of flak for allegedly making a derogatory, yet ostensibly off-the-record comment about Kerry. The record is made clear here. "HE DID SPELL JOHN KERRY CORRECTLY: Just in case anybody was still wondering whether anything in the original Drudge item about John Kerry was accurate, I can confirm that Wesley Clark did not say what Drudge says he said at that off-the-record conversation with reporters in Nashville one week ago. "I was there when Clark spoke, and just to make sure I didn't miss anything, I've also checked with other reporters who were there. Since it was off the record (sort of), I can't get into what Clark actually said (let's just say it was not his finest moment on the campaign trail), but I can report that the quote Drudge attributes to him--'Kerry will implode over an intern issue'--is not accurate. He never said that."

No comments: