11/17/2004

Mike Hudson gets it.

The only decent Newspaper in Western New York - the Niagara Falls Reporter - gets it right. Editor Mike Hudson opines in this week's issue about Red State welfare.
"According to the Tax Foundation study, every one of the Red States gets as much or more than it pays, with the exception of Nevada. In other words, the 20 cents New Yorkers don't get back, the 43 cents our neighbors in New Jersey don't get back, the 22 cents Massachusetts taxpayers don't get back and all the money people living in Wisconsin, Washington, New Hampshire, Michigan, Minnesota, Illinois, Connecticut and California don't get back goes to fund the thriving, God-fearing, gay-bashing, morally superior economies of the South and West. Shortchanged state and local governments in the Blue States are forced to make up the difference, which goes a long way toward explaining why our property, sales and income taxes are so high. Don't get me wrong. I don't mind when some cretinous Bill O'Reilly fan e-mails me with his thoughts regarding my race and sexuality, then closes by saying he prays for the deaths of my entire family. I just wish I wasn't paying for his Internet connection.

No comments: