11/03/2004

Everything's effed up

As I mention in my previous post, I'm jam-packed full of bitterness and cynicism today. I really thought we had a shot. I'm not putting a lot of stock in the notion that we can win Ohio. I'm not going to go into what others are saying about GOP lawsuits being used as a tactic to halt voting. I don't care right now. Let's face it. The country spoke. They like what's going on. That's that. Environmental catastrophe? Big whoop. $2.00/gallon gas? So what. Quagmire in Iraq? Who cares. Servicemen and women being killed over 2 per day, while it was just over 1 per day before the mission was "accomplished"? Whatever. Bin Laden on the nightly news? Bush is the only one who can take him. Gay marriage? Stop 'em. Civil Unions? Forget it. Tax breaks for the wealthy? It'll trickle down to me. Unfunded NCLB mandates? Bring 'em on. North Korea. Who? Iran. Next on the list? Syria. Right after Iran? Israel/Palestine? Where? Africa. Are you kidding? That's it, folks. A sweeping victory for fearmongering and warmongering. A crushing defeat for lurching the country back on the right track.

No comments: