12/23/2004

Victor Getz' detritus

As we know, about 300 EC employees will be losing their jobs in the wake of the passage of the modified Green Budget. Modified in that Giambra's cronies and patronage hires get to keep their plush County jobs, while hard working, dedicated civil servants lose theirs. Giambra gets to keep his neighborhood buddy and man-of-dubious-or-unknown-qualifications Victor Getz on the payroll (at ECMC at a larger salary than he received as driver and gofer), while real people doing real work get shafted. Giambra has no shame. No scruples. No ethics. No vision. No conscience. No nothing. He's an empty suit, and everything he touches turns to dreck. Who would have thought that Masiello would get better results in 2004 than Giambra?
"I received my letter today that I don't have a job,' said Jim DiMaria, a Town of Tonawanda homeowner who has been with the county seven years and works as a welfare fraud investigator with the Department of Social Services. 'This is not the kind of news you want to get Christmas week,' he said. 'My parents are upset. My mom calls me up crying, saying, 'You don't deserve this, you don't deserve this.' I feel bad they're going through this because of me, even though it's not my fault. When you're a grown man, you don't want to have your mom crying for you, especially around the holiday time.' " ...DiMaria, the Social Services fraud investigator, pointed out that not only is more than 80 percent of his salary covered by grant money, but his department recovers $2 million to $3 million in misspent public money each year. Yet DiMaria is slated to lose his job while other patronage hires get to keep theirs. "That's what's demoralizing," he said.
Demoralizing, disgusting, and despicable.

No comments: