1/15/2004

Michael Moore endorses General Clark

If you go back into my archive, you'll find a message I posted back in early September, where I noted that Moore was practically begging Clark to run. (I also predicted that people who would otherwise by Deaniacs would support Clark in droves. So, I'm batting about .750 overall). Well, Moore announced that he's officially endorsing General Clark. Read Moore's very thoughtful reasons why by following this link. Moore has a reputation as being somewhat of a clown. I disagree with that. I think he has valid points to make, but he's somewhat flamboyant and intemperate. A lot of people like him, though. Heck, his new book's a bestseller. What's most striking, however, is that he's the type of lefty who, one would think, would automatically be supporting Dean. The fact that he's backing Clark might make younger Deaniacs follow the older Deaniacs and take a second, more critical, look at Dean and start flirting with the idea of Clark. I don't think this is big news, but it's good news.

No comments: