10/14/2004

Kerry 3:0

It's official. It's a trifecta. Kerry won all three debates. According to CNN, 52% of (scientific - not online) poll respondents thought that Kerry won. Only 39% though Bush won. I was struck last night just how hollow Bush's cry of "liberal from Massachusetts" sounded. I mean, that is such old news, and that sort of attack is so bloody tired. Between that and Bush basically explaining that people who have had it rough - with outsourcing, job losses, etc., are stupid and need to educate themselves, I thought it was a clear victory for Kerry - who had actual responses to domestic policy questions. I had fun during the debate predicting Bush's talking points - for instance, when the question about affirmative action came up, I predicted that the word "quota" would come up within the first 2 sentences. I think he got it out in the 1st. When a question came up about outsourcing (I think), we predicted that "No Child Left Behind" would come up within the first 3 sentences. He got it out in the 2nd. Kerry looked Presidential while Bush looked like a challenger. I think someone on Kos or Pandagon referred to it as the Zen Master vs. the Frat Boy. That pretty much sums it up.

No comments: