4/01/2005

Bauerle's gaffe

I heard about this, and then heard WBEN play it a mess of times yesterday: Bauerle was interviewing Terri Schiavo's aunt and uncle yesterday morning. I'll let Christopher Bird from WNY Media Net take it from here:
About an hour or so into TB's show, the news came out the Terri Schiavo had died. WBEN & Tom Bauerle took it upon themselves to be the first to tell the Blakes that their niece had died. Instead of going to a break, telling them off air and letting them go, Tom Bauerle told them live on the radio. When I heard this, I was outraged. I couldn't believe that even TB would sink this low. Tom had just got through a rant blasting people who were attempting to profit from this whole debacle and then there he goes creating the sound bite of a lifetime. Talk about an opportunist! If the above wasn't bad enough, I made my way over to WBEN's website. The lead article on their site was about the death and A LINK TO THE AUDIO TO LISTEN TO TERRI'S AUNT & UNCLES REACTION TO HER DEATH when they found out. I've been searching for the right words to describe this. The only two that keep coming to mind are SICK & DISGUSTING.
Bauerle's such a tool.

No comments: