Gotcher passport?

You're gonna need it. By 2007, each and every person crossing the US border at any of the WNY bridge crossings must show a valid passport or NEXUS card. No more drivers' licenses, no more birth certificates. You're going to have to bit the bullet and pay the feds $50 for your passport if you want to cross the border. Canada is likely to do the same. I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing, however. A passport is really the only document that constitutes proof of citizenship. I'd actually prefer a national id card, if only because it fits in your wallet, and you don't have to remember where you put your passport. Maybe they could lower the price for people who live within 50 or 100 miles of the border. (It'll never happen). $50 is probably kind of steep for a lot of people, and the application process can be time-consuming. Anyway, here's your NEXUS application form for quick border crossings between CDN & USA; Here's your passport application form. To our Canadian friends, here's YOUR passport application form.

No comments: