1/13/2005

Tolls are Taxes, Too.

BUFFALOg Craig kindly reposted a letter to the Editor from the Tuesday edition of the News. Apparently, some complete imbecile wrote to the News, saying that toll takers provide a valuable service to the community. Hilarity ensued:
"While at first I thought this to be a rather myopic, self-serving opinion, I suddenly realized that this gentleman was onto something. After doing much research and spending a few hours on the calculator, I believe that I have solved one of the largest problems plaguing Western New York. By simply placing three more toll barriers on the Thruway, two on the Niagara Thruway, three on the Youngmann, four on Route 5, two on Route 20, six on Transit Road and one at the entrance to every mall in the region, we could create many high-paying jobs and create prosperity beyond our wildest dreams."
I'll bet someone in Albany was actually taking notes before they realized it was fricking sarcastic.

No comments: