1/20/2005

No trade deficit on fear & anger

Via "Road to Surfdom", I find that departing Deputy Sec of State Richard Armitage gives an exit interview to Greg Sheridan of the Australian. If more Bush folks talked straight like this, maybe the country would be in better shape than it is today. I know our foreign policy would be better off, for sure.
"'I'm disappointed that Iraq hasn't turned out better. And that we weren't able to move forward more meaningfully in the Middle East peace process.' Then, after a minute's pause, he adds a third regret: 'The biggest regret is that we didn't stop 9/11. And then in the wake of 9/11, instead of redoubling what is our traditional export of hope and optimism we exported our fear and our anger. And presented a very intense and angry face to the world. I regret that a lot.' "
So do I, Mr. Armitage. So do I.

No comments: