3/14/2005

$300,000?

You have GOT to be kidding me. I burst out laughing at this, and wonder just how many freebuffalo devotees realize this. Someone want to explain why a grassroots, local group needs $300,000/year to operate? Why do you need paid staffers? Why do you need a "storefront office"? Why does all of that cost $300,000/year anyway? *cough* scam *cough* Honestly - I don't know the final tally, but I'd be willing to bet that the WNY Coalition for Progress will be able to operate this year on a budget of a couple grand, all donated by the grassroots. How can a group advocate budgetary restraint for others with a straight face? Seriously, the Public Policy Institute has got a handle on what's wrong with upstate in general, and I think they're right on. And their blog has the most comprehensive upstate-related news going.

No comments: