3/14/2005

What all of WNY needs to read

Freebuffalo should change its name to freepublicity. Yet no one is really taking a critical look at the group, its philosophy, or its founder. I think it's important to do that, because they're getting a lot of attention, and with that attention comes artificial, media-propagated legitimacy. Some say I've jumped into the gutter. I disagree, but care little. Anyway, it boils down to this: it's a libertarian movement. Libertarianism exists, in my opinion, on the fringes of political and social thought. Feel free to disagree, but you won't convince me otherwise. After all, I'm an individual. Critiques of libertarianism Libertarianism in One Lesson The non-libertarian FAQ Libertarianism makes you stupid. (Ed: That last one is the actual title. Not my characterization or wording).

No comments: