- I was disappointed that there was no Audi booth.
- The Land Rover LR3 is the most beautiful truck ever.
- The 2006 Jetta V is very, very nice - big improvement.
- GM gets a B (up from an F) for interior fit & finish and design. The interior of the Malibu and G6 already look and feel a bit cheap to me.
- GM gets an F for its new minivans. They look awful, especially from the front, and the windows on the sliding doors don't go up and down. Honda, Nissan, and Toyota are totally winning this war.
- The Ford Fusion looks hot.
- The Dodge Charger and Magnum are hot.
- The base Chrysler 300 is a bargain at $24k.
- There's a Vespa dealer in Fairport now. I wonder if I can talk my wife into getting an ET2 to tool around town. I doubt it.
- The Mustang is gorgeous. Very well-executed.
- The Ford Five Hundred is alright, but I'm worried that it'll become a cop car.
- Who in his right mind would pay $28,000 for a Kia sedan?
- Why is the heat at 80 degrees in the convention center?
Cool City, Hot Cars. Or is it Hot City, Cool Cars?
I went to the auto show on Saturday. It was aaaight. Here are some observations: If you want to see what Buffalo would look like if it became a boomtown again, check out the traffic on Saturday at 12:00 p.m. during the auto show. When Stan and Pam from Cheektowaga come downtown for the first time in years, they don't know what the hell they're doing, and have no concept of how to behave, traffic-wise. Crosswalks are disregarded, pedestrians are treated like targets, etc.